Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Buying parts for DIY cheepskate

On Apr 4, 4:47*pm, Steve Ackman
wrote:
... ...Obviously, the primer pump no longer pumps or
if it does, not nearly well enough.
* Grab a piece of 1/4" tubing to fit over the bleed
screw. *Too loose... barely. *Cut a 3/16" length of
10mm poly tubing to jam over the 1/4" which "crimped"
it just enough. *Loosen bleed screw. *Jam hose on. *
Suck. *Suck some more. *I hear diesel bubbling at the
bleed screw. *Yank the hose off and snug the screw as
quick as I can. *Upstream of the filter is now filled
with fuel. *Pull the fuel line off the rail side of the
filter block. *Get an empty honey squeeze bottle, fill
with diesel, and the nozzle is a nice size for filling
the fuel line. *Only cranked for 3 seconds before firing
right up....

I added an outboard motor primer bulb to my tractor to prime the fuel
pump and fill the carb bowl.

jsw