Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Tillers

Ted Frater wrote:

I might get a steak with chips!! for dinner tonight!!

I know that UK chips aren't USA chips - USA chips are called "crisps,"
right?

But I wonder about chips - are they closer to steak fries:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22steak+fries%22
or parsley buttered potatoes, but segmented?
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q...red%20potatoes ?

In this one travelogue I saw, the fish & chips didn't look deep-fried at
all - the fish was white and the "chips" were white; great big chunks of
potato, all swimming in grease, delivered in a cone of newspaper. It
looked absolutely delicious! (I've also heard that they sprinkle vinegar
on them. YUM!!!!!)

Thanks,
Rich