Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE pays no income tax

On Apr 3, 10:02*pm, Jeff Thies wrote:
My reasoning was laid out for you in my post above, which you edited
away
because you prefer it disapper.

It was completely irrelevant. Nukes != Airlines.

It goes like this. *Reasonable, intelligent people know that just
like with an aircraft accident investigation, it takes a long process
that a
year or more before experts can figure out what happened.

A million widely scattered bits of airplane parts blown to hell is not
easy to put together. Reactors != Airplanes.

An analogy is exactly that, an analogy. Of course they aren't exactly
the same, but speculating on the sequence of events, what went
wrong, etc is equally foolish until there is an actual investigation.
And so far, from everything I've seen, the investigation hasn't even
started. With an airline crash, NTSB is typically
on site within hours and has access to much of the wreckage
within a day or two. Can you do that with the Japanese nukes?
Yeah, they may not be airplane parts, blown to hell, but they
are highly readioactive reactors and at least one building blown
to hell that apparenlty only your fertile imagination has good
access to.

In fact there is a lot that can be told just by what nucleids are being
formed, it's an ongoing story. It's rather well documented. It's all
rather well documented. A little hard to find, but it's there.
Everything from the Tepco bulletins on out.

Yeah, Tepco has been a real wealth of accurate information.

Not by some talking head on
TV, but online. It's the new age of information.

* * But, the

above
sentence exclude people like you, ie armchair experts that know what
happened right here and now. *You focus on some eyewitness reports
that claim the engines were on fire.

I mentioned no such thing.

You've done that right from the start. Take fragments of information
and
try to draw conclusions. Exactly like making an ass of yourself by
speculating on what brought an airliner down before there is an
investigation. It could very well turn out that the key intiating
event
was that the diesel generators were not protected from the sunami.
And that reactors built 20 years ago, or even last week, have
the exact same easily corrected faults that have nothing to do
with the reactor core and/or GE.

I've found a few tidbits here and there I haven't posted because of a
lack of interest. Did you know that the spent fuel pools have a side
door(s) sealed with an inflatable seal? Or that the control rods which
come from under the reactor are sealed with graphite plugs?

Why the hell would I or anyone else here care?

You only seem to care about killing the spread of information. Why is that?

That of course doesn't answer the question. It's like posting "Did
you know
that the fuel line in the Airbus 340 crash was made from nylon?" Then
it
turns out when the investigation is done it turns out the real failure
problem
was a structural failure. But by then the armchair experts like you
are
long gone, on to their next "fact" finding mission.

* *Until we have expert

* analysis of what went wrong, the exact sequence of events, it matters
* not a wit.

The sequence of events is a cluster ****.

So is your mind.

The fallback safety system is
spraying sea water in the fire extinguisher lines. That is absurd.

What would you suggest to cool down the reactors and fuel pools?
**** on them?

Tepco
is trying to hire "runners" for $5k/day to run into a highly radioactive
environment and do a small job.

Sounds like a practical solution given the problem. Radiation is at
a certain level allowing a reasonable exposure safety level giving
say an hour of work in the area. So, they hire guys willing to do
it for
$5K a day. They pay them to do it for X days, whatever is within
some safety margin and the workers are willing to do it.
Would you like it better if they paid them $20K a day or $8 a day?
Or should they just let the whole thing degenerate and spew
more radiation so you can bitch and moan more?

4 weeks out they haven't been able to
restart either cooling system. The number 4 spent fuel pool is obviously
leaking.

You, being the armchair expert, of course, would have the whole
thing fixed by now. Why, it would be back online and generating
power by now.

* * There, more information than you are comfortable dealing with.

* * I have a great deal of respect for Thomas Edison's company, always
have. They completely changed the design in the Mark 2.

Who the hell cares.

Anyone with a Mark 1 reactor that hasn't been updated should. Germany
has or is taking theirs offline.

I live 30 miles from one. Do you? I'm not bitching. No one who
lives
here that I know of is bitching. So, why are you?

* * Intel has completely changed the design of the

current
generation of processors from the 8088. *Does that make them bad or
prove anything?

It's not that the technology is so much better it's that lessons have
been learned. From your own stupid example, would you want to fly on a
Wright Flyer?

Let's compare apples to oranges, OK? The Fukushima plants are 40
years old. Would I fly on a plane from the 70s that was well
maintained
and within it's service limits? Yes. Hell, I'd happily take a ride
on
that Wright Flyer, if offered.

* * Now, pop away with your insults. It does make you feel better.

You're a stupid ass, does that help?

Did it help you? Do you work for GE?

No, but it sounds like you work for Ralph Nader.