Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair

Default Feeding solar power back into municipal grid: Issues and finger-pointing

On 4/4/2011 4:35 AM, harry wrote:
On Apr 4, 3:17 am, wrote:
We are talking about installations that can't

generate more than 10 kw - and more likely would only generate 5 or 6 kw
on a mid-summer day, with the bulk of that energy being consumed by the
home owner's own AC unit (I'm sure) with little or none to spare to be
injected back into the neighborhood grid.

Comments?

agreed, this is actually a bureaucratic economics or business problem
and they are trying to call it a technical problem.

It isn't a technical problem.

Mark

The above comment is exactly right.
There is no technical problem. The PV array can be sized to overcome
any supply side issues. What comes in can equally well go out.
But see diversity factor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_factor
This has the biggest bearing on the matter.
Sounds tome that there are politcal/financial matters yet unresovled.

I am having a 4Kwp array fitted to my roof in two weeks time. (UK)
It's just a money thing. I shall have a 12% return on capital.

Keep an eye on your solar array my friend, those things like air
conditioners around here are being stolen at an increasing rate.
People install them at their remote cabins or camps only to return
to a powerless abode. Thieves will steel them while a home owner
is asleep at night!

http://www.usedsolarpowerpanels.com/...ar-panels.html

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3cc3rkl

TDD