Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Moulding/Trim Question

clipped

(I do sympathize with you: as a handyman, I'm often asked such questions
("What do you think would look better?"), which I usually try to duck,
explaining that I'm not the one who's gonna have to live with the
choice.)

You have a good point - I am the one who will have to live with it.
I think either way will be OK, but I always like different opinions.
I need to bring in friends, and not online folks who can't see the total
layout.

Thanks for your input.

And it's nice to get trusted opinions that agree with one's own ) I
probably would have trouble deciding, even with good photos of the
rooms...one thought I have is that contrasting trim tends to cut up the
room, rather than blend into a whole. Several of the paint companies
have websites where you can upload pix of a room and play with the
colors in your image to try them out.