Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Wireless mics and small PA for speaker meetings

Our local Skeptics in the Pub[1] has started putting on meetings with
speakers (the human variety) in a bar. We could do with a bit of
amplification so people at the back of the room (where there's also a
certain amount of noise intruding from the rest of the pub) can hear
properly. We could really do with a headset type of microphone (the sort
you see high-powered Merkin 'motivational speakers' using :-)) for the
speaker and a hand-held for the person doing the introductions and for
taking questions from the audience; preferably both wireless. And
speakers (audio type), obviously, and electronics to connect up.

For speakers 3 or 4 smallish ones which could be suspended from a ceiling
beam or pillar would probably be better than one or two larger floor-
standing units (or requiring large tripods).

For budget, around the £100 mark would be easily do-able; more would
require a bit of scrounging and saving but possible.

Any suggestions for type, make, model & suppliers of kit?

[1] http://reading-skeptics.org.uk /shameless-plug

--
John Stumbles

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure