Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default GE pays no income tax

"DGDevin" wrote in message
"BobR" wrote in message

GE was a major contributor to Obama and he has no intention of
changing what GE has to pay.

No President chooses what tax rates anyone pays (although Reagan was

pretty
good at getting some Democrats to go along with his suggested tax cuts).
But I'm sure we'd agree that Obama's chances of getting the current House

of
Representatives to go along with anything he requested is somewhere

between
slim and none.

The only way he could get tax breaks for GE is by demanding the House strip
them away. They can be counted on to oppose anything he proposes. B'rer
Rabbit politics.

GE splits its political donations roughly down the middle between the two
parties, although it's top recipient in 2010 was Ron Portman, R-Ohio. Of
course like all companies it tends to be most generous to members of
Congress who sit on committees with oversight over businesses GE is

engaged
in.

Hmmm. Sounds like they have the situation sewed up tight. Jeez, how did
corporate payoffs to Congress ever get so blatant that people just yawn when
they hear about it? No one on EARTH ever gave me money unless it was for
something I did or something they wanted me to do. How is Congress exempt
from this basic law of commerce?

--
Bobby G.