Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 4 cycle trimmer recommendations

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 13:31:18 +0000 (UTC), Rick Brandt
wrote:

Steve Barker wrote:
the gas mixing is not an issue, because the 4strokes still use mixed fuel.

I have a Troy-Bilt four stroke trimmer and it has a separate oil
container (no mixing).

It is quieter and smokes less, but the difference on noise is not that
much (I still wear ear muffs when I operate it).

This is my first (and probably last) gas-trimmer so I can't make
comparisons with two-stroke models. I can only say that I despise this
unit. Heavy, loud, hard to control. I much prefered dealing with a cord
frankly.

I have a TroyBilt, with a few of the attachments, and rather like it. I've
had two-cycle and corded trimmers before and have ended up pitching them after
a season or two. I hated them. This thing works really well.