Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob-tx[_3_] Bob-tx[_3_] is offline

Default 4 cycle trimmer recommendations

"Rick Brandt" wrote in message
Steve Barker wrote:
the gas mixing is not an issue, because the 4strokes still use mixed
fuel.

I have a Troy-Bilt four stroke trimmer and it has a separate oil
container (no mixing).

It is quieter and smokes less, but the difference on noise is not that
much (I still wear ear muffs when I operate it).

This is my first (and probably last) gas-trimmer so I can't make
comparisons with two-stroke models. I can only say that I despise this
unit. Heavy, loud, hard to control. I much prefered dealing with a cord
frankly.

Electric is fine for a small area, but I have over an acre and would have
to have close to 300 feet of extension.

As far as a 4 stroke smoking less than a 2 stroke. A 2 stroke should not
smoke if the ratio of oil to gas, and the correct oil is used.

Bob-tx