Posted to alt.home.repair
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default "Chicago grid" drywall ceiling questions

DanG wrote:
Get a commercial ceiling hanger. ....

I doubt that anyone will take the time to explain what they are
doing or why. . . . .

Thanks. I don't really need the person to explain a lot. The regular
contractor that I use already knows how to do regular drop ceilings,
including the level ine, etc. So, he won't need to be taught that aprt of
the job.

We basically just want to be able to see how the commercial contractor does
the Chicago grid sheetrock ceiling stuff -- including what materials to buy,
what spacing is required for proper support, etc. -- all of which I am sure
is simialr to a regular drop ceiling but is not the same.

. . . Maybe what you want is to pay commercial wages
for a day to one man to teach you.

Exactly. Or, more specifically, to just do the metal ceiling grid and hang
a few sheets of drywall while my regular contractor (and I) watch and help.

It is too lengthy a process to explain in an email, but there is
plenty of information available:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...9decee79d1fe4a

Most of those links appear to relate to regular drop ceilings, which I know
are similar, but not to Chicago grid drywall ceilings.