Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ted frater ted frater is offline

Default OT - Tillers

RogerN wrote:
I've been looking into tillers for larger garden this year.

Considering a Troy built or a Cub Cadet in the $700-$800 range. Cub Cadet
(RT65) has good reviews at Home Depot website. Troy Built has counter
rotating tines, Cub Cadet has reversible tines.

Alternatively, I have a couple of small tractors, a Ford 8N and a 26HP
Kubota, the tillers for them are ~$1300 but a disk would be in my price
range.

Any recommendations?

as youve tractors, my thought was to get an implement for either, which
ever you prefer to drive, then offer to do other folks rotovating for a
fee to offset the implement cost.
Weve a Ferguson diesel TE 20, I bought for my son for his 10th birthday,
its a 1948 model , we use it all the time, needs a bit of work now weve
had it 17 yrs!!.
go for the tractor way.
good luck,
Ted in