Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DougC DougC is offline

Default Best Bolts for Toilet tank/base

On 4/3/2011 11:52 AM, JJ wrote:
It's about time for me to replace the bolts holding the toilet tank to
the bowl. This prompts me to ask which would be better brass/bronze
or stainless?

Also, it seems one of the studs/anchors for the bowl to the floor has
also snapped (I don't recollect any particularly violent/stressful
session that may have caused this)

I was probably going to use a stainless replacement stud (probably
change both sides while I am at it - famous last words) and epoxy
anchor "grout."

Any advice/suggestions/cautions?

Thanks

titanium?

.....it would be an interesting experiment if you had the material/money
to toss at it. I have seen every other kind of common metal hardware
corrode under the same circumstances.

plus they'd be lighter-weight and stronger too. kind of like a
'professional', racing toilet....