Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Buying parts for DIY cheepskate

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
If you want a good laugh, go down to your car dealer and price some
OEM parts..

TMT

A few months ago I was quoted over $800 to change the alternator on my truck
at the dealership. $400 of it was the alternator. An OEM alternator from a
parts store (not rebuilt, not remanufactured, not repaired, but new) was
$200. The serpentine belt was $40. I did it myself. It was a pain
actually on that model truck, but I figure at the same labor rate they
charge I could do it for just over half now that I have done one.