Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx amdx is offline

Default Buying parts for DIY cheepskate

In doing all of this work I have done a bunch of shopping around and I
am amazed at the variation in prices for parts. The washing machine
needed a kit to repair the agitator. Part price varied from $4 to
$15, and freight was all over the map.

I helped a boat owner replace a microswitch on his steering control.
He mentioned they sure want a pretty penny for those switches, I had
to ask "how much". He said they were $70 or if you bought 5 they
were $50 each.
I did an online search and found them for $14.71, with over 2000 in stock,
and I found 3 for $8.95 and I found them for $8.53 minimum purchase 100.
Same manufacturer, same part number.
Ya, prices very.
Mikek