Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom tiling over emulsion.

Mike Clarke wrote:
On 02/04/2011 21:09, H. Neary wrote:

I was thinking of a bigger sander. I did give a chemical stripper a
try but unless used in extreemely liberal amounts it seemed to
increase the bonding to the plaster as the paint was no longer as
brittle.

Try a steam cleaner or wallpaper stripper to soften it then use a
scraper. It worked for me with some Dulux kitchen emulsion but YMMV
depending on the type of paint you have

In the end you are simply looking for the least effort way to remove or
nullify that which makes tiles fall off.

On reflection,. a damned good scrape of one sort or another would seem
to be optimal.