Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Berryman's fuel additive (well, it works in metal engines)

wolfgang on Fri, 1 Apr 2011 12:11:10 -0700
(PDT) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Apr 1, 1:54*pm, Randy333 wrote:
On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:45:40 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
I'm guessing you are correct, about that. I've also found
that ethanol gasoline gets lower mileage, for me, also.

We use energy to ship the grain seeds, energy to drive a
tractor up and down the field to plant the seeds, energy to
drive a tractor up and down the field to tend the plants,
disk, harrow, etc. Energy to drive a tractor up and down the
field to harvest the plants (corn, grain, etc.) And then
energy to drive a tractor trailer up and down the road to
take the grain to the factory. Energy to distill the mash.
And then energy to drive a tractor trailer up and down the
road to *get the ethanol to the gasoline factory so that we
can get lower mileage with our fuel as we drive up and down
the road.

Color me stupid, but I don't see the advantage.

--

I've seen reports that range from 1/2 gal up to 1 gal of diesel fuel
is required to make one gal of ethanol. * It's a bad deal anyway you

That's why nobody in his right mind does it with his own money.

They use other people's money (OPM) aka "stupid investors" or, more
than likely now, government cash.

Since governments never produce anything of sales value it is the
taxpayer that pays for this fiasco.

Ethanol - such a deal. The Government gives you a tax credit for
producing, provides protection from competition in the form of a
tariff on imports, and then mandates that everybody buys you product.

If that isn't "crony capitalism" (or "Corporate welfare") I'd like
to know what is.
--
pyotr filipivich
"Obama saying I should be happy about a $1.85 trillion deficit