Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim jim is offline

Default OT-Taxing the rich

Tom Gardner wrote:

I HAVE to operate in a competitive, fiscally responsible, quality
oriented environment. If I operated like ANY part of government, I'd
be gone in a heartbeat. Who's wrong, me or government?

You are wrong.
If you operated like a hockey team or
a rock band or hive of bees you would probably fail also
What does that prove?

If the government ever gets to the point
where it starts to act like you do
its all over but the shouting

Fiscal
responsibility --- does the gov have any?

The government does have a responsibility
to not muck up the economy

what does ‘fiscal responsibility’ mean?
Fiscal Responsibility means not spending
so much or taxing so little that the economy
‘overheats’ and inflation sets in
Fiscal responsibility means cutting taxes
when you have high unemployment to get things going again
Fiscal responsibility means making decisions
on where to tax and what to spend to promote the general welfare
Making government ineffective is not fiscally responsible

The deficit you are whining about is
really just people loaning the government money.
At current interest rates the people loaning the gov money
are almost
giving the government money - that makes it a good time to borrow

Competition --- the gov
squashes it.

I agree
The US military adventures are all about squashing competition
The US should mind its own business and let other
nations mind their own business.
But there again we can blame foreign policy on the US whiners
who think the US can't possibly survive without robbing the oil
and other resources from other nations

Quality --- look at the product of gov schools!

I'm from Wisconsin. This state has the best schools in the nation
And it is going to stay that way, in spite of
the efforts of people like you to tear our educational system down