Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default ping AJH

In message , andrew
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:

I had in mind 8"x2" for eventual conversion to flooring.

Depending on whether those epicormic bumps are just that or callused over
pruning wounds, beams are best bet, flooring will need good quality.

Ah. They look like pruning wounds. Just not in the last 60 or so
years:-)

Perhaps rafters for re-roofing the Victorian barn. I don't need any more
beams. My sheep man wants it for barn building but I don't see much
return from that.

The one standing beside it has a clean trunk and branch rot setting
in....

Do the limbs
have any value beyond firewood?

Doesn't look like it unless you know a traditional boat builder.

This is about as far from the sea as you get!

regards

--
Tim Lamb