Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Berryman's fuel additive (well, it works in metal engines)

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:41:02 -0700 (PDT), wolfgang
wrote:

On Mar 31, 11:47*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Can't say I've heard of that, but it sounds interesting.
I've heard of taking a vehicle to the repair garage for fuel
injector cleaning.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pete C." wrote in message

ter.com...

It's pretty decent stuff, I use it in higher concentrations
than
specified when fueling my mower and other yard equipment in
the spring
after they sit unused in the winter (I also use Sta-Bil in
all fuel). It
does seem to help clear out any gunk that was forming. For
automotive
use, you really have to use it on a nearly empty tank to
make sure you
get a decent concentration to the engine.

Assuming this is a fuel injected engine, I prefer to use one
of the
pressure feed injector cleaner rigs that feeds the injectors
directly
via the fuel rail test port. These units run (at idle) the
engine on
100% cleaner and work very well. The cleaner rig runs
$100-$200, but the
cans of pressurized cleaner are only ~$6-$8. You will see a
very
noticeable improvement after use if the injectors were
gunked up.

Me, I'm a firm believer in injector cleaners.

Last year my '93 RX-7 failed its emission test (180,000 Km) although
it runs like a top.:-)).

Scratching our heads (and other body parts) we concluded that the
secondary injectors were leaking. This from the fact that the engine
would idle a little rough after some "spirited" acceleration and
driving. Since the secondaries are only used during this spirited
phase of operation we concluded that these secondaries were leaking.

Ran the tank down and dumped in a bottle of Canadian Tire "finest"
magic fluid.

Passed the next test with flying colours! Had to explain at the test
station as to what we had done to cause the improvement! I don't
think they believed me.

Wolfgang

My 2001 Ranger (3.0) just passed Californias smog test last Monday with
a nearly perfect score. Its got 197,000 miles on it. The smog tech
commented that it was one of the cleanest engines he has ever seen, and
was astounded at the number of miles on the engine.

I put a can of Berrymans (AutoZone) in 4 times a year. Last time was 3
months ago. So Im due again.

Gunner

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein