Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Nice Hurco at auction

Try running A2 die steel dry with carbide insertable then

( I dare you )

--As soon as a couple of blue chips end up inside your shirt you'll
instantly regret not having the full sheetmetal enclosure.

Yep. I like the Sandvik R390 insert. Run it dry and it puts all the
heat in the chip. Even 4140 comes off red hot. But I haven't got room
in my crowded home shop for full enclosures. So I just put up a piece
of sheet metal. At least for an HSM open machines make it easier to
work on oversize parts.

Now, I would like a tool changer. My lathes have one and its real
handy. Maybe someday for the mill.