Posted to sci.electronics.repair
divx dude divx dude is offline

Default NVIDIA GPU defect repair

Vostro 1400 DELL laptop with Nvidia 8400m-gs GPU.
i just got into this a couple months ago so am somewhat under informed
but have been trying to catch up.

the lappy arrived to me dead a couple months ago i got to gasp back
to life for a few hours and died again.

reasearched and found defect info and lawsuit claims site. filed and
acepted for "free repair" by Dell.
skeptical going in seems i was right the got the machine back from
Dell , they replaced the "MLB".
I immediately ran temperature tool and benchmark 55-60C at idle
climbed to 89C after about 20 minutes of benchmark.

I been told that was above proper temps and i still have the defect
and have Dell picking it up again for further action.

Is anyone really up on solutions to this? i am of the impression the
problem is not repairable and Dell should begin with offering me
something else.

would like to have the OEM specificaiton dox that show the max
tolerated temps to use as a guide in my interaction with Dell as i
intend to ride them until a fair settlement is reached.