Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus10687 Ignoramus10687 is offline

Default Nice Hurco at auction

news:aa2dnVdGutNdxQvQnZ2dnUVZ_oadnZ2d@giganews .com...
On 2011-04-01, Karl Townsend wrote:
http://www.hoffhilk.net/cgi-bin/mnli...?hoffhilk59/70

Anyone in the market and near Madison, WI. should keep an eye on this.

Karl

Looks pretty awesome.

Waste of floor space IMO.

Hard to make any money if you have to constantly hover over a machine
sweeping up chips, changing tools by hand, etc.

The Torq-Cut 22 might be worth while if not for the POS DX-2 controller
that damn near brought Bridgeport to its knees about 10 years ago.

When a business is auctioned off, usually there's good reason....

Yep, ain't nobody in industry gonna bid on this. Now, it would be one
hell-of-a toy for an HSM type. I think it will go cheap, could be
wrong.

In fairness, I miss only one thing from the more industrial CNC
machines: the tool changer.

Try running A2 die steel dry with carbide insertable then

( I dare you )

--As soon as a couple of blue chips end up inside your shirt you'll
instantly regret not having the full sheetmetal enclosure.

I had this happen on the manual Bridgeport. It was unpleasant. Here, I
do have an enclosure, and additionally, coolant.