Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Warning for Earthlink users

Jon Anderson wrote:
On 3/31/2011 10:06 PM, cavelamb wrote:

So, If you see anything from
ERASE it as fast as possible...

I use Mailwasher to scan all headers on the server. It will download a
user settable number of lines so you can get an idea what the message is
about. Anything I find suspicious, I'll either delete, or if from a
friend, delay downloading messages until I obtain verification that it's
safe. It's really a great program, but might be others now that offer
the same functionality.

Jon

I've heard of mailwasher before, but that's pretty much the same thing
that Earthlink's filters do (if set high).

This event looks a lot like somebody hacked into their system and found
a weak spot...

Dam! I hate when that happens!
--

Richard Lamb