Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Speaker Crossover Wiring : Solve the Puzzle

The following is a guess. It would be useful to know the inductance of the
coils, the impedance of the drivers, and the crossover frequencies.

The woofers would not normally be wired in series. I'm guessing that each
woofer uses one inductor for a low-pass filter.

That leaves the caps. The 25uF cap would most-likely go in series with the
midrange units, the 12uF in series with the tweeters.

Both capacitors should be non-polar. I don't know why the 25uF isn't.

Because the level controls can interact with the crossover, it's hard to
know where they went.

This is a "common sense" configuration. We don't know what the Wharfedale
designers were trying to do, or what driver problems they were trying to
compensate for.

The probability of getting the "right" configuration is small. I once worked
through the crossover for a classic two-way system -- the Advent -- and it
was neither simple nor obvious.

Why haven't you contacted Wharfedale?

http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/Home/tabid/37/Default.aspx

Why should I have to look this up for you?