Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Sulfuric acid as toilet bowl cleaner?

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:01:13 -0700, "bob" wrote:

Years ago I bought a bottle of sulfuric acid from a hardware store with the
intend to open a clogged pipe. I ended up opening the clog with another
method. The bottle sits unused.

Many toilet bowl cleaners use hydrochloric acid as a main ingredient, since
sulfuric acid is similar stuff, can I use it as a toilet bowl cleaner?

I've used liquid pool acid many times to clean up toilets in rentals
as well as to clean off calcium and soap scum on shower doors and
enclosures. I think it's muratic acid and I don't know how that might
differ from sulfuric or if it's the same stuff by a different name.