Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Do they make a 2 hole strap that will support a pipe in a corner

On 3/31/2011 5:38 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:40:36 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc
wrote:

On Mar 31, 3:09 pm, wrote:
On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:47:05 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc

wrote:
On Mar 31, 1:24 pm, wrote:
On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 04:35:18 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc

wrote:
On Mar 30, 5:02 pm, wrote:
The location we decided on for my new TV dish was on the back patio. I
wanted it mounted in the corner where the rails meet at a 90 degree.
Do they make a 2 hole pipe/pole strap that will allow you to screw the
strap to the inside rail?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

The oval dishes for hd are pretty heavy and dishes need to be pretty
rigid to get the maximum signal. I would be concerned that your
location on a deck rail is not solid enough. What about using a
regular dish wall mount on the side of your deck? Do you need the
elevation at the rail to get over something?

Yep. The install guy tried to mount it to the side of the deck even
after telling me he thought it was too low.- Hide quoted text -

(snip)

It is a done deal now anyway. I have had a HDTV for 2 years now. It
is time I had HD channels.

What, no locals close enough to hit with rabbit ears? OTA HD is sharper
than Dish HD anyway. I have seriously been thinking about planting an
antenna pole through my deck (as a stabilizer), to hold a big yagi.
Mount a bracket and thumbscrew at a convenient height, so I don't have
to screw with wiring up a rotator- just step out the sliding door and
turn the handle to the correct index mark. My existing OTA antenna is
falling apart, and mounted to a wooden chimney that is also falling
apart, and the apple tree keeps trying to mate with it.

Said wooden chimney is also getting flexible enough, that in high wind,
my Dish that is mounted to it flutters, and I lose lock on the bird for
several minutes.

--
aem sends...