Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default House Build - Sheathing Question

On Mar 31, 5:07*pm, dpb wrote:
On 3/31/2011 3:02 PM, RicodJour wrote:

Those suckers are heavy and not all that expensive to start with.
Driving hours to get them or shipping them is a non-starter. *Probably
best and easiest is to donate them to a local Habitat for Humanity and
take the deduction.

Well, they shipped 'em to get 'em here...

Yeah, that always bugs me...that economy of scale thing. I guess I've
got to scale up and the it won't bother me about the shipping. On
second thought - nah!

And there ain't no HfH closer than 200+ miles that I'm aware of...

We have a Habitat Re-Store, which is a _great_ place to get rid of
contracting and home building odds and ends. It's also a bit of a
hike for me - about 35 minutes if I don't pay too close attention to
the signs with numbers on them along the highway.

I haven't done anything about 'em; one morning I'll try to remember the
local radio call-in buy/sell/trade (yeah, it's small town enough we gots
one of them ) and see if get any takers...if not, they can continue
to take up a little space until the final disposal auction I suppose...

You must have more stuff to dispose of than just some pump jacks.
Yard sale or notice on a supermarket bulletin board would be other
possibilities.