Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Disc Sander Question

On Mar 31, 6:40*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 31, 5:23*pm, -MIKE- wrote:

On 3/31/11 2:04 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Mar 31, 2:32 pm, *wrote:
On 3/31/11 12:41 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

"It's the bottom end HF tool."

Hey, you take that back, pal!

I think the line goes....
It's the bottom end Harbor Freight tool.
"Yeah, I heard you the first time, when you said "Harbor Freight."

--

* *-MIKE-

The guy in charge of the plastering crew who gets featured in almost
every episode has used more than a couple HF tools: multifunction,
reciprocating saw and I forget the tool he used for shaping the foam
used for the coves.

If they're good enough for that master craftsman, they're good enough
for me.g

I have my fair share of HF tools, but I'm not going to try to convince
anyone that there's anything about them that resembles "quality." * :-)

My feeling is if this POS gets the job done without causing me any
frustration or delays, awesome, I saved a bunch of cash. *If not, I take
it back, no questions asked, and I go spend some real money on a quality
tool.

75% of their entire stock is absolute crap.
20% is decent and usable and gets the job done.
5% is actually the same quality as what you'd find anywhere else.

Agreed.

To elaborate.... there's nothing wrong with using a 5-cent cork to
stop your $ 100,000 yacht from sinking.