Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default House Build - Sheathing Question

On Mar 31, 2:25*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I think you've got it!

By looking more closely at various pictures, it appears that there is
indeed scaffolding outside in the same areas as these braces.

I'm going to assume that the lower portion of the bracket has some
means of distributing the weight across the sheathing. I'd hate to
think that the part of the bracket that carries most of the weight
would be concentrated on such a small area of the OSB sheathing. Seems
like it would have the potential to punch right through.

Thanks for solving the mystery!

No problem. The mystery was in searching for something to show you
when I didn't know the name. It took me almost five minutes - that's
over three months in internet time.