Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Do they make a 2 hole strap that will support a pipe in a corner

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:47:05 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc
wrote:

On Mar 31, 1:24*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 04:35:18 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc

wrote:
On Mar 30, 5:02*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
The location we decided on for my new TV dish was on the back patio. I
wanted it mounted in the corner where the rails meet at a 90 degree.
Do they make a 2 hole pipe/pole strap that will allow you to screw the
strap to the inside rail?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

The oval dishes for hd are pretty heavy and dishes need to be pretty
rigid to get the maximum signal. *I would be concerned that your
location on a deck rail is not solid enough. *What about using a
regular dish wall mount on the side of your deck? *Do you need the
elevation at the rail to get over something?

Yep. *The install guy tried to mount it to the side of the deck even
after telling me he thought it was too low.- Hide quoted text -

Well if the corner is pretty solid then I guess that's your other
option. Nothing available on the corners of the house?

The installation guy should have pipe. They bury it with concrete for
free standing installations. He'll change you extra for the pipe.
I've heard there is an exhaust pipe size that matches but you'll
stoill have to buy it and it will need paint too.

I didn't want it attached to the house. I am told that they can put
some very large stresses by catching the wind.