Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT - Berryman's B-12 fuel additive

In article ,
Steve Barker wrote:

I'd like to see some documentation (legitimate documentation) that
proves this theory of gasoline being blended different in the winter.

How do you feel about the legitimacy of the EPA...
The difference between conventional summer- and winter-blend gasoline
has to do with the Reid Vapor Pressure of the fuel. RVP relates to the
volatility of a gasoline. The more volatile a gasoline, the more likely
it will evaporate as the temperatures rises; evaporated gasoline
contributes to unhealthy ozone and smog levels. Summer gasoline has a
low RVP and is less likely to evaporate when compared to the high RVP
winter grade. The Environmental Protection Agency says conventional
summer-blend gasoline contains 1.7 percent more energy than winter-blend
gas, which contributes to the summer blendıs slightly better gas mileage.
http://ask.cars.com/2009/02/whats-th...mmerblend-gaso
line-and-winterblend-gasoline-does-it-affect-my-cars-pe.html

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ydzj6go

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke