Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE pays no income tax

On Mar 31, 9:38*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
*"Robert Green" wrote:

So it's clear you have to pay to play. *Singling out the teachers, for
whatever reason, still has the appearance of blaming them specifically for
the recent economic unpleasantness when it's clear there were many other
contributing factors to our money woes, mainly, in my eyes, runaway
arbitrage that adds very little to the nation's productivity but clearly
takes away much of it as anyone with a 401K or a savings account paying
below 1% interest can verify.

The problem here is the premise is just wrong. Teachers were NOT
singled out. It's true that police were exempted and that part sounds
unfair.
But the law clearly covers most state workers, not only teachers. I
found
online where it says 56% of state employees are teachers and 8% are
police and fire. That still leaves another 36% apparently covered
under
the law that are neither police, fire, or teachers.