Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Disc Sander Question

On Mar 31, 2:32*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/31/11 12:41 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

"It's the bottom end HF tool."

Hey, you take that back, pal!

I think the line goes....
It's the bottom end Harbor Freight tool.
"Yeah, I heard you the first time, when you said "Harbor Freight."

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

I've been watching The This Old House Hour series where they are
adding an addition to house in a "mountain" community in LA.
Nevermind the value of the house itself, the addition alone must be
costing them millions.

To add a second story to the back of the house, they had to build 3
stories due to the slope of the lot and incorporate both earthquake
and "slope-side" building codes.

Hand plastering throughout the interior and hand stucco-ing for the
exterior (4-layers of material with an embedded mesh to prevent
cracks)

Arched doorways and passageways throughout the entire house, including
around the showers, etc.

Coved ceilings in every room. Hand forged iron gates and balcony
railings, all modeled after some of the original pieces.

Hand painted tiles in the bathrooms.

The costs must be staggering!

Topic related reason for all that information:

The guy in charge of the plastering crew who gets featured in almost
every episode has used more than a couple HF tools: multifunction,
reciprocating saw and I forget the tool he used for shaping the foam
used for the coves.

If they're good enough for that master craftsman, they're good enough
for me. g