Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT-Taxing the rich

On 3/30/2011 7:44 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
wrote in message

I still think you are envious. What you want to see is a country
where no one is rich. Where everyone works hard and no one gets
ahead. The people will not rise up and overthrow the government as
long as they have opportunities.

Dan
*************

Some people are easily indoctrinated and buy into the class envy and
myth about how the rich "stole" their wealth from the "workers".
America is (was) great because there is unlimited opportunity for
someone to succeed IF they are smart, work hard, and have a certain
amount of luck. It's rare if not impossible that anybody will get
rich punching a clock but those willing to take *RISK*, have an idea
and the tenacity to follow through and probably failing a number of
times CAN succeed. The leftist minions believe that the wealth of
these national treasures of people should be confiscated and some of
the wealth distributed among the people that have no idea, not willing
to work hard, have no luck and won't take any risk. They have it in
their minds, as they were indoctrinated, that wealth belongs to all
and has to be redistributed to all. Except that the masters get a
bigger share and votes in return. Should the wealthy pay more taxes?
Probably. But, the leftists want it ALL! And, they want it to be
impossible for the wealthy to leave anything to their family.
Victimhood...what a concept! Without that myth, the left wouldn't
exist.

Here's what I want to know from you. We all know that giving children
too much isn't good for them. Most of us know that's true for adults
too. It's your idea of people being given the chance to work hard, be
smart, and be lucky, can make a really great life for themselves in this
country, and leave something to their kids. I don't see anything wrong
with that. But how about leaving huge wealth to the next generation of
your family? Leaving huge estates guarantees that your kids will never
need to work, that they will have a life of ease, that they will have a
life of the idle rich. Do you think that is good for anyone? So not only
do you get the benefit from succeeding in America, from your hard work,
but you hand that same benefit to a number of your relatives who do
nothing to get what you worked for. They get all the benefits but do no
work for it. See anything wrong with that? Then they get to do the same
thing for their kids and on and on. That's good?

Hawke