Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Berryman's fuel additive (well, it works in metal engines)

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm guessing you are correct, about that. I've also found
that ethanol gasoline gets lower mileage, for me, also.

We use energy to ship the grain seeds, energy to drive a
tractor up and down the field to plant the seeds, energy to
drive a tractor up and down the field to tend the plants,
disk, harrow, etc. Energy to drive a tractor up and down the
field to harvest the plants (corn, grain, etc.) And then
energy to drive a tractor trailer up and down the road to
take the grain to the factory. Energy to distill the mash.
And then energy to drive a tractor trailer up and down the
road to get the ethanol to the gasoline factory so that we
can get lower mileage with our fuel as we drive up and down
the road.

Color me stupid, but I don't see the advantage.

The advantage is that the government is giving your tax dollars to the
folks doing all the growing and tending and distilling and trucking to
subsidize a non economical and environmentally destructive process. Your
food costs also rise as a result of more profits turning corn into
alcohol than animal feed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...

My Blazer (200 4.3L V6) used to get right at 20 mpg.
Then it suddenly only did 18.

A few weeks ago, cursing through Oklahoma, I stopped
at Jet Petroleum to refuel - NO ALCOHOL.

For that one tank it was back up to 20 mpg.

But I guess YMMV?

--

Richard Lamb