Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Stroonz Stroonz is offline

Default Backwards electrolytics (again)

On Mar 31, 6:36*am, "Phil Allison" wrote:
..

*** With all those damn electros installed in reverse polarity, be a damn
site easier to alter the DC rails to suit *- *wouldn't it ??

..... *Phil * ;-)

Geez Phil, what kind of Phil Allison answer is that? And a smiley
emoticon? Since you're off your game, I thought I'd take the liberty
and reply to Jeff in the proper Allison manner:

"Jeff LIeberfool"

It's another day in capacitor hell. About 2 months ago, I replaced
the bulging caps in a Dell Optiplex GX-520, but inserted them
backwards.

** Are you f**king blind?

http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/GX520-bad-caps.jpg
Today, I have an irate customer with a Dell XPS-200 that I sold him.
Same problem, again:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/xps200-bad-caps.jpg
I had replaced 11 caps on this board, all of them backwards.

** Twice? What kind of moron are you?

difficult to see on the photo, but the white silkscreened arrow is "+"
instead of the usual "-" . Now, I get to check all the other Dell
machines, where I probably inserted the caps backwards.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/For-Sale-PC.jpg
Maybe I should find something else to do for a while? Grumble...

** Yeah, like retire you idiot!

....Phil

How did I do?

Edwin