Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default whirlpool dishwasher POS

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:42:12 -0400, bob wrote:

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:00:09 -0700, "Cheri"
wrote:

"bob" wrote in message
anyone with any knowledge about this? thanks much

On mine, the little door won't close unless the cycle dial is turned
completely to off.

Cheri

this one doesnt have a dial...just a push button switch...which i ALSO
had to replace once

whirlpool builds crap

My Whirlpool dishwasher is 32 years old and still works fine. The
only problem I've had was from a chicken bone, the little one next to
the drumstick, that got stuck in the anti-siphon device, that isn't
even really part of the dishwasher.

If you want help, you need to give more details. Is there a lever
that shows? If so, does the lever have springiness to it? Does it
move back when you shut the soap door, or does it refuse to move?
When the door isn't there, can you push it away and it will come back
because of its spring? If it does both of these things, then maybe
there is crud that is keeping the soap door from shutting far enough
to let the latch close.

If there is no lever showing, the same sort of questions apply but
youu'll have to take the door apart to find the relevant parts.

Have you called the Whirlpool Cool Line? It's like a hotline but not
that hot, and it was still functioning a few years ago when I called
them.

When I had trouble with a 2nd hand Whirlpool clothes washing machine
30 years ago they on the Cool Line were incredibly helpful. I called
four times and they never rushed me off the phone. Calls ranged from
5 to 20 miutes; each person, even the woman, knew the machine inside
and out; they had obviously been repairmen in the field at one time;
they never told me it was something I had to call a repairman for; and
they stuck with me unitl it was clear that the main basket bearing was
rusted shut (because I was away for a while and didn't use it for
months). I'm pretty sure they redesigned the machine so that doesn't
happen anymore.