Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I need another door recommendation-basement steps

On Mar 30, 10:55*am, Limp Arbor wrote:
My basement steps lead up into the kitchen where the door swings out
into the kitchen. *The way the rooms and steps are laid out I can't
put a pocket door at the top of the steps. *Conveniently when this
basement door is open it blocks another doorway. *Makes bringing the
truckload of stuff SWMBO buys at BJs down to the basement a real PITA.

Beside the unsafe idea of turning the door around to swing out over
the steps anything else I could do?

Maybe a bi-fold door?

If any of you have solved this annoying problem I'd love to hear how
you did it.

I agree with not swinging it over the steps. So swing it the other
way in the kitchen or bifold. I you use a bifold it should fold so
that leaning against the middle of it from the kitchen side does not
open it.