Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Backwards electrolytics (again)

It's another day in capacitor hell. About 2 months ago, I replaced
the bulging caps in a Dell Optiplex GX-520, but inserted them
backwards.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/GX520-bad-caps.jpg
Today, I have an irate customer with a Dell XPS-200 that I sold him.
Same problem, again:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/xps200-bad-caps.jpg
I had replaced 11 caps on this board, all of them backwards. It's
difficult to see on the photo, but the white silkscreened arrow is "+"
instead of the usual "-" . Now, I get to check all the other Dell
machines, where I probably inserted the caps backwards.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/For-Sale-PC.jpg
Maybe I should find something else to do for a while? Grumble...

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS