Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Auction/surplus scene in San Jose, CA?

On Mar 30, 11:44*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 08:05:21 -0500, Ignoramus23509

wrote:
My friend lost his job in San Jose, CA. I am wondering what is the
auction/surplus situation there, with industrial/IT surplus stuff that
can be resold on ebay? I would say stuff under 40 lbs weight.

Thanks

'Take a good hard look at Reliable Tools on Ebay and see if there is any
market at the moment.

I understand that machine tools sales went up over the last few months.

A few of the manufactures sold 1 machine, rather than none. *A lot of
guys..employees of customers of mine have inquired about buying used
machinery. *And Ive asked them frankly why they want to buy..and they
say because they arent getting enough hours where they work..so they
want to start their own shop.

When I ask them why their shop isnt getting much business..and what
makes them think they will be doing better, ....they stop and
ponder....and slink away.

Gunner, California, where 50% of the machine shops have gone out of
business in the past 24+ months.

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
* * * * * * * * * * *Robert A. Heinlein

Cite please.

TMT