Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Taxing the rich

Some folks in Washington project things based on static
economy. "Well, we make a trillion dollars in taxes. Double
the taxes, and we'll make two trillion."

What they don't realize, is that when taxes go up, people
say "I guess we won't buy that after all, we'll keep using
the old one."

Raising taxes, after some point, lowers actual revenue.
Ronald Reagan recognized that, and that's part of why his
Presidency was so successful.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"azotic" wrote in message

You got it exactley right Ed, basing a budget on projected
revenue
seems to have some serious pitfalls. How the heck are they
ever
going to pay off all that accumulated debit ?

Best Regards
Tom.