Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Cabinet Refacing

"Kate" wrote in message
On 3/29/2011 8:56 AM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
Has anyone hired a company to reface their kitchen/bathroom cabinets?

If so, were you happy with the results and can you give me some tips?

Many thanks.

Kate

My daughter had hers done in Las Vegas by a local company. They looked
beautiful afterwards and the cost was much lower than new. I didn't
think
they were going to come out as good as they did. Shop around and ask
people. You will find some who will give you an idea or direction in a
short time. Some companies even provide names of satisfied customers,
and
you can go look at the work.

We just redid our kitchen, and we found a cabinet maker that was going
out
of business. They were prefabs, like HD's, and he could alter them,
unlike
HD. We had investigated HD before, and if it's anything other than the
standard size, they can't or won't do it. The prices from our going out
of
business guy were 1/4 of HD, and the quality was the same. Such a deal,
plus, he GAVE us about three dozen new in box cabinets and about 250
glides
with piston stoppers that I'm selling on craigslist. I helped him sell a
lot of his cabinets and his pallet racking shelves by putting ads on
craigslist around the SW US, and it was quite a nice little commission.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

It is nice to read about a success story. And, writing about reading, I
just browsed part of your blog. It is very nicely done. I also wish you
the best with your health.

Thank you very much. My printed books are about to be delivered, and be
available at amazon, kindle, etc. Bookmark my site, as you never know when
you, a friend, or a family member may need it. And it is hard to find
relevant information before surgery, I know. Lots of day to day experiences
there, it is concentrated in the book.

Good luck with your cabinets. Just ask around and find some happy
customers. My daughter's looked fantastic, and it takes a lot to grab my
attention.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com