Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default CRT vertical deflection -- bad solder joints?

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Hello? Instead of fussing over it, why not replace all the electrolytics
"in
the vicinity" while the bad-looking solder joints are being re-done?

This is a common problem in servicing. As an EE, I want to know exactly
why
something isn't working correctly. But I learned a long time ago that it's
more important to simply get the damned thing fixed. If that means
shotgunning likely components, so be it.

Shotgunning is, IMHO, very bad practice, and often leads to the creation of
more problems than it fixes. I am actually quite surprised that you would
advocate doing this, William.

Arfa