Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default new opener or replace remotes?

On 3/29/2011 10:32 AM, Hell Toupee wrote:
On 3/29/2011 2:06 AM, DD_BobK wrote:
On Mar 28, 6:45 pm, wrote:
I have an old Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener.

The model is 139.53615SR, mfg 11/91

the remotes are worn out

Is there a place to get a cheap remote - need 2?

or time to buy a new unit?

where I buy all my remotes

http://www.1stdooropeners.com/

I second this recommendation. I've got a twenty-some year old opener
from a company that's no longer in business. When the remotes wore
out these folks helped me identify which model I had and supplied
replacements, guaranteeing a return if they didn't work. They worked
just fine.

I'll 3rd that. Ebay and Google are really your friends. Yesterday
I decided to buy the dresser that goes with the bed I purchased last
year. Well, you guessed it, it is no longer made. So, I Googled
the manufacturer's name and number on the bed, and I got a whole
bunch of useful hits. I purchased the dresser from a place in Utah
but had it warehoused in Florida ... I live in NC. They said free
shipping, but only gave me a price after doing some calculating.
But it was a good price and should arrive later this week or early
next week. "This Internet stuff will never catch on!"