Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Repair or replace

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:44:31 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:
My rule of thumb, buy best you can afford, keep it long.

I'm not sure that works so well these days - I see a lot of expensive
stuff on the market that still isn't built to last or be repairable when
it does break... for the higher-end items, companies are often relying on
the good reputation that they once had more than anything.

It can be amusing looking at big shiny stuff like TVs in the store, then
asking the salesfolk if you can take it apart to see if it's actually any
good or not. They're usually rather reluctant. ;-)