Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CRT vertical deflection -- bad solder joints?

Hello? Instead of fussing over it, why not replace all the electrolytics "in
the vicinity" while the bad-looking solder joints are being re-done?

This is a common problem in servicing. As an EE, I want to know exactly why
something isn't working correctly. But I learned a long time ago that it's
more important to simply get the damned thing fixed. If that means
shotgunning likely components, so be it.