Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_3_] dennis@home[_3_] is offline

Default Wind output reaches new low..

"Ghostrecon" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 21:44:45 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

dennis@home wrote:

Not ere they don't. Waste is after all, relatively small. I mean we
don't INCREASE the total radioactivity of the earth do we? just help
natures 'natural uranium 235 decay' along a bit faster.

Decay is not the same as fission.

Yes it is.

Oh no it isn't.

For example.. AFAIK fission leads to isotopes that can decay by beta
emission while decay doesn't.

decay can lead to beta decay e.g naturally occuring thorium series
produces
4 beta decays (and 6 alphas) before it reaches lead 208
heres the start ....
thorium(232)-alpha+radium(228)-actinium(228)+beta--

OK, I hadn't looked at the thorium series (I forgot it was radioactive, must
be the half lifes getting to me).