Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wind output reaches new low..

dennis@home wrote:

Not ere they don't. Waste is after all, relatively small. I mean we
don't INCREASE the total radioactivity of the earth do we? just help
natures 'natural uranium 235 decay' along a bit faster.

Decay is not the same as fission.

Yes it is.

Oh no it isn't.

For example.. AFAIK fission leads to isotopes that can decay by beta
emission while decay doesn't.
fission products don't emit alpha radiation so you can't put them in a
cardboard box to stop the radiation like you can with unused fuel rods.

Fission *is* decay. Decay is fission. Natural decay of naturally
occuring Uranium produces the about the same mix of isotopes as in a
reactor, just more slowly

--
Tciao for Now!

John.