Mike

Default Thoughts On Why We Are Getting Our Ass Kicked

Charlie:

Don't mean to sound too pessimistic but there isn't much time left to fix
things. We have gone from a manufacturing economy to a service economy whose
lifetime is being shortened everyday (the medical profession will be the
next causality with more imported medical help) to a financial economy
which depends primarily on two things; cheap capital and the ability to pay.
Capital isn't going to get cheaper and our ability to pay lessens with a
shrinking job base of higher paying jobs.

We are a bankrupt nation but don't know it yet on the street. I surmise that
eventually we will look like England where they have a bunch of highly
educated people with no jobs living on the dole. The U.S., like England past
is running out of money trying to keep its empire going, only this time we
are trying to keep the game going by printing more funny money everyday and
the music will end when both China and Japan decide they don't want anymore
of our monopoly money. It ain't going to be pretty, I think we better learn
farming, forget learning Chinese.

BTW, I've spent the last 15 years before retiring from the electronics
business in the far-east and these guys really know how to play the game. We
really are simpletons when it comes to understanding history and its
effects.