Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-partitioning HDD - where'd all my gigabytes go?!

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

IIRC he said his MB was crammed to the gills anyway - 1GB.
I wouldn't run any kind of any windows on that frankly. Is dog slow with
more than a single GUI app running on even Linux.

You might get away with Win2000. I'd doggedly stuck with WinXP on my
work laptop (never intended to install the Vista it was supplied with)
and didn't really expect to like Windows7, turns out that 64bit edition
flies with 8GB of ram and a sandforce SSD, OK there's one or two things
I wish it didn't do, but overall I'm impressed, only had to track down
one or two device drivers for the more obscure devices, everything else
worked out of the box.